Brown Dermatology is Open for TeleVisits
Get connected to your provider without leaving home
We’re here to help care for you:
Brown Dermatology is pleased to roll out our new TeleVisit program for expanded access to healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Using simple telecommunication technology readily available to patients (such as an internet connection and a smartphone), our TeleVisits offer a unique and intuitive experience for patients, while offering physicians integrated access to the same clinical tools used in the office.
Brown Dermatology TeleVisits allow for:
- Continued patient and clinician contact
- Medical care, advice and monitoring
Here are a few options to help you prepare for a TeleVisit with your Brown Dermatology provider:
- healow Application and TeleVisit Quick-Start Guide
- healow – TeleVisit Appointment Patient Guide
- healow – How do I Participate in a TeleVisit?
Equipment needed for TeleVisit:
- Desktop computer, tablet or smartphone with a webcam
- Internet connection
- Speakers or headphone for audio
- Email account
- Download/use the healow app and search for our practice, then go to the appointments tab
What to know and do before your televisit:
- Please make sure you have adequate lighting either in front of or above you. Please do not have any lighting behind you during the televisit.
- Please wear comfortable clothing during your virtual visit so you can easily show us areas of concern.
- Due to the current healthcare environment, appointments are only 15 minutes max. We can schedule a follow up visit if you need more time.
- You may be contacted by one of our staff before your visit to help set up your visit with your provider.
- You can login to your appointment up to 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- We recommend you login early as you may be required to submit a questionnaire and provide your vitals prior to this appointment.
- The questionnaire and vitals can be skipped but since they provide important information, we recommend you answer what you can and leave the rest blank.
- If you will be more than 5 minutes late to the appointment, we recommend calling the office to reschedule your visit.
- Copays and deductibles for these visits may be waived by your insurance plan.
Scheduling a TeleVisit
For established patients:
Call 401-444-7959 to schedule a Televisit with your provider today.
For new patients:
Call 401-444-7959 for more information or to schedule an appointment with a Brown Dermatology provider for a TeleVisit.